My beautiful wife and I, May 2010.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Second Infusion Down... Half-way Through the First Round

Today marks a turning point, of sorts. It's been a couple days short of 2 months that we've been dealing with cancer, and yet Christina is now half-way through the first of two rounds of chemo. We've a long way to go, yet we've come so far already.

A friend suggested a salon and hairdresser that specializes in wigs for cancer patients. She came out with a style that is definitely new for her.

Christina in her new wig


It's been pretty quiet lately. Christina has been very tired most of the time, slowly recovering her strength through today's infusion. She was able to attend our Special Assembly Day, sitting through the whole session. It was good to see her up and around, and enjoying spiritual refreshment.


Christina and Tiffeny after the Special Assembly Day


On Friday, Christina, Tiffeny, and Celia took the dogs to the beach in Carmel. That's Christina's favorite spot, and they had fun walking on the beach and shopping in the stores.


Celia and Christina (and Roxy and Lucy)

Tiffeny and Christina

Her red blood count was low today, so they are talking about giving her injections of EPO (Erythropoietin) to boost her red blood cell production. She's also on an iron supplement o help that. Her white blood count was good, so the Neulasta injection appears to have worked.

We expect that her hair will begin to fall out within the next few days. She had it clipped short so that it would be less traumatic once it does happen, and also to retain control of the process (stay one step ahead, so to speak). So far she's not had any vomiting and nausea, and just a touch of heartburn. We're hopeful that this is the extent of her side affects. In the meantime, we're taking it day by day, trying not to get too high or too low.

Take care, and thanks for all of your support.

4 comments:

  1. Both of you are continually in my daily prayers.
    Agape
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, Oh my! You girls took my breath away! Seeing you two lifelong friends reunited did my heart good! It's been just too long since I've seen everyone from the Milan area. I plan to call Tiffeny today and remedy that. Like I told you last night, I hope to see Celia. I need to hug her and send as many hugs as she can handle to bring back to you. Jeremy, You are the bestest husband. With everything on your plate, you still take time out to keep up these loving updates. I know Jehovah is with you all with His love and support. I'll call you sometime Friday. Love, Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, your beautiful in every way. I miss you. I think back to the days/years in Milan and the laughs, we even pulled some all night talks. I look forward to talking to you soon. You, Jeremy & Celia have been on my mind and we somehow lost touch. I love you and my prayers are with you. Love, Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning,
    Iv been thinking about you both alot this week.
    I have had several people ask how things are going. Daphne(single sister in our cong),my inlaws Tom,Vicki,Bethany,Megan. The CO and his wife asked about you yesterday,as well as Carla (a pioneer sister from Toledo) .And a few others. They all say to tell you hi,and that you are in thier prayers.
    I know you go in tomorrow. Your LAST INFUSION IN THE FIRST SET!!!!! YAY!! Remember the Doctors said after you get this one down the rest of it just might be a breeze. :)) I havn't called because I didn't want to interupt your visit with Ellen. And Im hoping your visit with Phylis was a joy. Im praying for you each day. I know that Jehovah will sustain you through this right to the end. Your doing amazing. And thats what I tell everyone that asks about you. I love you, and miss you. Tiffeny

    ReplyDelete