My beautiful wife and I, May 2010.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Surgery Successful

Christina's surgery was successful. She went into surgery at noon, and the Surgeon met me to tell me her status a little after 1pm. He said that things went well; there was some adhesions, specifically the ovary was stuck to her uterus, but they were able to take care of it without opening her up. So, she has 3 small scars (each less than an inch long) instead of a 10-inch incision.

She had some trouble getting her pain under control; they gave her an injection of Percocet at 2:45pm, but she didn't start to get comfortable until nearly 5pm, after getting some ibuprofen. We left the hospital soon after that.

We're glad that things went well, and Christina should be fully recovered after only a few days. We're looking forward to having a few weeks of relative normalcy, until her reconstruction begins in 6 weeks. In the meantime we'll be working off (my) winter weight by resuming our walking regimen, and spending time in the ministry; Christina is Auxiliary Pioneering in April.

Take care all.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad everything went well! have fun aux. pioneering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy - Only just checked on you site today. Delighted that the surgery was successful. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

    Ray in England

    ReplyDelete