My beautiful wife and I, May 2010.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Surgery Successful

The surgeon reported that today's procedure went well, and that there was no visible cancer in the lymph nodes, which is great news. She was in surgery for about 2.5 hours, and had very little blood loss. She's on pain and anti-nausea medication and is now sleeping.


Hopefully she'll be up to visitors tomorrow, but in any case call me first (925)200-9814, so I can make sure she's up for it. Phone calls, texts, and comments on the blog and facebook are all welcome and I share them all with Christina.


Celia and I are doing well. Celia was with us all day (along with her Grandma) and is home now. I'm staying in the hospital for the night, hopefully they can find a recliner or something for me to sleep on ;-) Thankfully the have free WiFi at the hospital so I can keep myself occupied. 


The surgeon said they'll be looking at the lymph node tissue for microscopic evidence of cancer. We should have those results in a few days (Wednesday or Thursday). We're still waiting on the tests for the cancer cells' hormone receptors and whether Christina has the cancer gene (BRCA). I'm getting impatient with all the waiting, but I can't really complain as things have moved very quickly, overall.


Take care all, I'm off to find something to eat here...

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy and Christina,
    We're glad today went smoothly. We'll continue to pray for you guys. Hope you all sleep well tonight!
    Love,
    Michelle and family

    ReplyDelete